Thursday, September 2, 2010

Donuts, explosions and dilemmas

I want to eat an entire box of donuts. And by eat an entire box of donuts I do mean all to myself. If you want to eat donuts with me you will have to bring your own box.

Today was New Student Orientation Day at CFAC today. It was very busy on campus. We did manage to wrangle a few volunteers out of the day. As they came in to the SA office for their UPasses we would ‘encourage’ them to fill out the volunteer application. It was nice to see and hear activity in the halls. I suppose I should enjoy the relative silence that I will have tomorrow. It will be the last day for a long while that I will be able to just hide in my bat cave.

My back is much better today. I slept with a bunch of pillows behind me last night in a reclined position. It seemed to help quite a bit. My physio appointment also helped considerably. I am going again tomorrow after work. I am feeling pretty confident that I will be able to race on Sunday. I wont be able to train anymore, but at least I can still race.

A book bomb went off in my office. It is rather frightening as I am sure one would imagine an explosion of self-help and wellness books to be.  All the little teetering towers of titles make me feel both empowered and inadequate. It also makes me feel like a total slob who can’t keep her office clean. This isn’t so though. I just need help moving the shelves around. I am currently having an inner debate about whether or not I will call someone to help now or leave it until the morning… 

No comments:

Post a Comment